Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting stuff done with all day cooking

Cooking? Yeah, well, that's another one of my passions. I love to cook and eat.

How I cook is becoming more and more important. I used to hold big dinner parties which took up incredible amounts of time and even though I loved doing it, it became too time consuming and tiresome. Now that I am doing an incredible amount of writing I have very little time for dinner parties and even regular daily cooking can be difficult. So, to avoid falling into the trap of fast food eating, I've decided to incorporate "all day" cooking - basically cooking a meals on one day that will last for the next 3-4 days at a time. I first heard about this from Stephanie Ravenscraft on GSPN a few years ago. Brilliant idea!

I've already done it for this week. I've been eating on lima bean soup with ham and oxtails all week. It's delicious and leaves plenty of time for me to get other things done like writing, cleaning the house and laundry. Especially after I come home from my regular job. It's nice to not have to cook something from scratch!

This doesn't mean that I'll stop giving dinner parties or cooking lavish meals but I can make time for them on special occasions now and perhaps not feel so tuckered out! It's nice to get a lot of work done. It feels good!

No comments: