Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Serializing The Red World Trilogy

I must say, this new project I'm beginning is full of promise and fun. But there's a thing. What thing? Well, it's been quite some time since I've written a full length novel. Actually, it's been some years since I've done so. Most of my recent work has been short fiction; short stories, novellas, novelettes, short collections. It will be interesting. Short fiction I think can really help discipline you, keep you from doing too much running on with story telling, writing extraneaous material that no one needs to read. You have to keep it brief.

In a novel, you have more leeway and especially so if you are writing science fiction or fantasy do you have the chance to do some real world building - which can take on vast amounts of time. Discipline is what it's all about.

One thing I will be doing with the first book of this new trilogy is serializing part of it on this blog and on my website so look for installments. Readers will be able to read half of the novel for free on the blog and the website or download those sample chapters to their e-reader. Of course, I will also make the file in a variety of formats.

For years the working title for this trilogy was Monolith. That has changed. The overall title for the trilogy is The Red World trilogy, as it is set on Mars millions of years ago. The new working title of the first book is Schisms.

Look for new, free material from it around the end of September!

No comments: