Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Future Projects

Update: The Mountain King will be released May 7th instead of April 30th. My schedule was just too crazy in April to get this book out when I originally wanted to, so look for it on May 7th!

As I am working on my current novella I'm thinking ahead to the project I have scheduled this summer that will extend towards the end of the year. I have one more novella for the children's fantasy series I'm writing and then I'm done - for the time being. I won't say that I won't revisit the series and pick up where I've left off because at this point I don't know. In fact, I have an idea for a short story that would be part of that world, but that's another day. A few years off, in fact.

The next project I plan to write is a trilogy that I have wanted to write for years and years! I'm very excited! So far I've come up with the title The Red World trilogy for the entire series (formerly Monolith) but I haven't come up with individual titles that I like. This is unusual because I often come up with titles first and then build a story around that title. I'm sure it will come to me in due time though.

This next story is going to be a sweeping Science Fantasy and it will take place on another planet, a desert planet. The first book will be out in September, or that's what I'm shooting for anyway. I have some research I plan to do for this story too. Part of that research will be reading some of my favorite books: The Bible and Frank Herbert's Dune, plus some books on astronomy and cosmology.

I anticipate that the trilogy should be finished sometime early in 2013. Also between this summer and December I'll be writing another short story and this next short story will actually be the prologue to the next series I plan to write when The Red World trilogy is finished; a steampunk science fiction series.

Writing is the best job in the world to me. I get to sit around and make stuff up. I love it!


No comments: