Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Books I'm reading

In the midst of all of this writing I'm still reading. A lot. Often it's a new book (or an old one) I haven't heard about and i see them and hear about them on a forum I saw, a podcast, browsing through Amazon's site or from a blog that catches my eye and I've found a lot of great reads out there by doing this. There are some who think that all indie books are trash. This is a bald-faced lie. As far as I'm concerned, the reason why they find trash ( and that's if they are being honest) they don't know what they're doing.

I haven't found this lie to be the case at all and here are some of the books I've read or plan to read in the near future. Some of these are indie and some trad. They aren't all of the books I've read so far but these are my favorites. You might want to check them out; you might like them too if you haven't already read them:

The Pale Queen's Courtyard by Marcin Wrona (fantasy)
The Black God's War by Moses Siregar III (fantasy - there is both a novella and a full length novel with this title by the same author!)
The Worker Prince by Brian Thomas Schmidt (science fiction)
White Foxes, Full Moon by Niko Silvester (fantasy)
The Ugly Princess by Oksana Vasilenko (fairy tale, children's)
Changes by Jim Butcher
Agartha's Castaway (Science fiction, YA)


These are books I plan to read before the year's end:

Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien
Golden Feathers Falling by Marcin Wrona
Red by Melissa Yuan-Innes

No comments: