Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Serialized Short Fiction

I come up with ideas every now and then and while listening to the Questcast podcast I was thinking about writing some more short fiction. I just released a collection called Keeping Strange Time and I am planning a science fiction series in 2014 that will start off with a short story, just like the current one I'm working on.

But this will be a little different. I have so much material from years past that I want to use, some of it not much good but some of it is good. So this is what I'm thinking, a series of story vignettes, or serialized fiction in short bites. I'm not sure what it will be or look like. Much of the material is already written but I will be adding and changing it to create these new stories. Will it be science fiction? Will it be fantasy? I think it may be somewhere in between and I will purposefully not use an outline for this project. This will be interesting since I usually always use an outline for my stories. I'll be free-wheeling it folks! It will be featured on a new blog. I'm excited. It's so cool when you have the freedom to share your stories with people.

The new blog is called blueshift (blueshiftfiction.blogspot.com). The link is in the sidebar to the right. Look for work there in February.

No comments: