Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back and What's New!

We have entered yet another new year. I always enjoy looking back on what I've accomplished over the year and I must say that 2012 was just as exciting for me as 2011. Last year right at this time I had finished writing and published The Winter Wolves - in my opinion one of the best books of the Secret Doorway Tales series. In fact I believe it is the best one. I was also working on a book of poetry, Half Light, I believe it was. I had also found the Middle Earth Network and I was over the moon. It's an internet community where I really feel at home. In march I created my publishing company Epistle Publishing and I've got big plans for it. I also began writing my first full length novel in years, Schisms. I started writing it in September and I just finished and published it yesterday. I also became a content producer for Middle Earth Network.

It's always good to look back on what you've accomplished and what you want to accomplish over the year ahead. I've got great things in store. There will be the second and third books of the Red World trilogy coming out this year and then I shall begin writing up a rough draft of the first in yet another series, a steam punk science fiction series. There may also be a few stand alone books written in the Red World universe too but I don't know if those will come out this year or next year. I will also be producing more content for MET as well as they are moving and growing in leaps and bounds.

One more goal I have, the ultimate goal and that is to start making enough from my writing that I can eventually quit my day job. That may be a few years out but things are moving forward at a good pace. Lot's of new and wonderful things will be happening in 2013 if God is willing.

And before you forget, my new fantasy novel is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords!

Description:  A queen in peril. An outsider priest. A young girl who dreams of adventure.

The land of Hybron, once the cultural center of the Red Planet, has fallen into an abyss of political and religious strife that have kept it embroiled in conflict. It has floundered in a dark age for centuries, the former grand kingdom falling into a collection of city-states. An ancient prophecy has reappeared, a prophecy that promises to deliver them from the corruption and increasing violence that permeates the land. However, there are those who have their own plans and “savior prophecies” only get in the way of the more pragmatic concerns of acquiring power.

The ancient capital, Assenna, has been in ruins for many ages and the line of kings that ruled from it are nearly forgotten. The very words, Red Kings, have become a curse and it is forbidden to even speak of them but it is precisely the blood of this kingly line, it was foretold, that would rule Hybron again and raise it up to its former glory. The Ainash priesthood, a powerful and ruthless faction in Jhis have fallen in power after a barbarian warrior has overrun the city-states, making himself king of the land. Under his rule Hybron has once again been reunited under one power. Is he, a wild tribesman of the desert, the future Red King of prophecy? As the kingdom remains embroiled in corruption and violence it does not seem so and his queen, a devout woman of the Aishanna-La has borne him no heirs. She has her own schemes that put her at odds with everyone at court: the priesthood, who seek to regain power and the king, who plans to carve out a great name for himself in the world. The queen becomes embroiled in a controversy that will have long-reaching effects on the fate of the kingdom and her own.

Ilim, one of the Ainash, is thrown out of the Golden Temple. Afterward, he has a prophetic dream with a commission to tell a dire message that most people do not want to hear, least of all the Ainash priesthood. His new spiritual path leads him back into the desert among the tribal peoples. He believes it will lead him to the answer that will save the kingdom from ruin – but, disappointingly, it leads him, not to a great warrior and a holy army but to a little girl at the fortress city of Gamina. 

Visions are never straight forward, paths are perilous and the grand purpose of prophecy seems impossible, yet many are now seeking it; some strive mightily to make it come about while others are working just as powerfully against it and there are those who seek to insert themselves in it. All are caught in the river of Destiny and Purpose. Some will rise and others will drown. Who will triumph?

No comments: