Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Monday, October 22, 2012

Story Progress

This process of putting early drafts of my novel on my blog, while not new for me is definitely a learning experience. Now that I am in editing phase, going back I always find things that need improvement, what needs changing and what needs to be cut or added in.

It's one of the good things about having an outline and lots of notes. It's a bit scary throwing your work out there when it is unfinished and rough but it is good to put the work out there. Scenes have changed, names have changed, new characters have inserted themselves, new subplots have hatched. The first few chapters are already different from what I originally posted here on the blog.

Then there's tightening up the plot and the prose. I like how the story has unfolded. What I will be looking for next is a new illustrator for the book cover. In fact, I'm on the look out right now and I have a few artists in mind. We'll see who is interested.

No comments: