Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Sunday, October 14, 2012

First Draft Finished

I have finished the first draft. So happy. It's been a few years since I've actually written a full length novel so I was wondering how things would work out as far as work flow. It would seem that it take me about a month and a half to write an 80,000 word novel.

There's still a lot of work to do and I still have to plow through a few more books but I've been on vacation all this past week and so I've had the chance to concentrate completely on my work and I've gotten a tremendous amount done. It's raining outside, my kind of weather, fall has truly descended in western Oregon and I've gone through the first gauntlet. I  remember last year this time I think that I was working on The Pumpkin Princess.

I think it's time for a good drink. I'm off to the store and having a nice break before it's back to work.


No comments: