Victoria A. Jeffrey's authorly doings. . .

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Art Pieces


Writing projects for me are inspired by a variety of things. Like beautiful artwork. Below are some of my favorite art pieces I've found on the internet ( I have many). The first is the background for my newest blog, blueshift. The composition is of an ice world, presumably with several suns in its system. It reminds me of what Pluto might actually look like. It's called Distant Suns, naturally, by Hameed. I couldn't find anything on his actual website www.pixeldestiny.com, but he is on deviantArt.com.



















This piece was posted on The Middle-Earth Network. It's of Esgaroth or Laketown, a fictional place in The Hobbit. You can see Smaug the dragon in the distance. It's interesting in that the beauty and the calm it seems, late in the evening - it looks like evening by how the light is drawn. Little do they know the terror that awaits them. This to was found o deviantArt. I think it s mix of digital painting and traditional painting.











Some great artists of the 19th and 20th centuries have regrettably been forgotten. One of them is Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema. This is one of my favorite pieces. It's called The Finding of Moses. You can find out a little more about this artist and more like him at this podcast and website. Great art pieces, whether use of traditional materials like this one or made with digital tools like the two compositions above, they are inspirational and and can spur the imagination. I think of stories that can be written. I'll be posting more of these later.


No comments: